Wednesday, January 18, 2012

WTC? of the week!

And it's only Wednesday! I think this may be a weekly write up for MP as there seems to be plenty of fodder for such rants!  (FYI- WTC stands for What The Crap!- something my 8 yo says)


First story of the week -  'Racy' N.D. tourism ad pulled  after complaints.
     { "The advertisement was meant to showcase North Dakota's nightlife: Two young men and three women flirt through the window of a downtown Fargo motel bar. Printed next to them is the message: "Drinks, dinner, decisions. Arrive a guest. Leave a legend." }
Good advertising angle, or pure Tawdriness? I Like It! A little flirty, a little sexy, a lot memorable!  Heck, I feel like headin' up to North Dakota right now.  ('Scept I hear it's flippin' cold there at the moment!) In the words of Barney:  "It could be LEGEN .... wait for it .... DARY!"


This one, just this morning; Toddler's cuss word on T.V. angers.  Modern Family, A show about a Same Sex Married Couple raising a daughter. ( Not a show I watch, but have stopped on it during a channel surf session)
{"Our main goal is to stop this from happening," said McKay Hatch, an 18-year-old college student who founded the No Cussing Club in 2007. "If we don't, at least ABC knows that people all over the world don't want to have a 2-year-old saying the 'F-bomb' on TV."
"We hope they know better," said Hatch. He's asking his club's members, whom he said number 35,000 in the United States and about three-dozen other countries, to complain to ABC.}

Ok, I tend to be a to-each-their-own sorta guy (after all this IS a free country), BUT, the little girl (an actress), pretending (will actually say 'fudge') to drop the F-bomb (to be bleeped on-air for effect)  is the worst thing someone has to worry about with this show?  Frankly I think it is a great storyline, A child's first swear word, something every parent has had to deal with.

And this, yesterday in the local new rag; "Idiot" comment spurs lawsuit .
Long story short;
{ Seward real estate agent Shelly Nitz received a work-related email asking for feedback from agents on Matthew Steinhausen's past performance.
She responded with an email, sent to all Woods Bros. Realty and Home Real Estate agents: "He did an inspection in Seward for the agent that sold one of my listings. I will never let him near one of my listings ever again. Total idiot," according to the libel and defamation civil complaint,... }

Now said housing inspector has filed a lawsuit claiming damages related to defamation leading to loss of work.  Sounds to me like he didn't satisfy the client, and she gave an honest opinion.  My thoughts are that had he any fair number of  "glowing" reviews,  this one person's opinion, should not have cost him so much grief.  Sounds to me that he messed up, and that lady made him accountable.  The age old saying comes to mind; " You made your bed, You lie in it"

I know there are many, many more, but I must pace myself!

1 comment:

Tango Juliet said...

There are 3 girls in ND?


:)